PCB is a specialist international asset recovery and dispute resolution practice. It has been described by The Times as “operating across a global landscape, recovering and protecting clients’ assets over borders and through multiple jurisdictions”, while its staff have been hailed as “solicitors to the banking community”.
As part of FraudNet, the International Chamber of Commerce’s worldwide network of specialist asset recovery lawyers, we regularly work with leading asset recovery lawyers in other jurisdictions around the world on some of the most complex and challenging international asset recovery projects.
In 2017, PCB was identified in a report by data analytics firms Premonition as the only firm in the top 10 for win-rate for both Commercial Court and Chancery Division cases in the 2014-2016 period.
The firm has built its reputation over the years as is apparent from its consistent top-rankings in Chambers and The Legal 500 and the various accolades it has received. By way of example, this feedback has included the following:
- “They are always imaginative and proactive in every situation, and will always give the client various options to choose from.”
- “Under considerable time pressure, they still have this calm, quiet confidence which is very reassuring. They are very capable, pragmatic, astute individuals.”
- “Perhaps the pre-eminent boutique in London’s civil fraud arena.”
- “A niche firm which has built up an outstanding reputation in the civil fraud field”, “punching well above its weight” and providing “pragmatic, current and appropriate advice on all fronts”.
- “An excellent boutique that is commercially minded and sensitive to clients” objectives.”
- “Very responsive, diligent and client-oriented.”
- “The team constantly appears in high-quality work.”
- “Simply outstanding”, extremely skilled” and “real quality”.
The firm’s leading partners are also recognised as being market leaders and are top-ranked in Chambers, The Legal 500 and WWL, with Steven Philippsohn being named Asset Recovery Lawyer of the Year by WWL in 2018.