Morgan & Morgan is a full-service Panamanian law firm, regularly assisting local and foreign corporations from different industries, as well as recognised financial institutions, government agencies and individual clients. The firm has a solid legal department with specialised services to give effective solutions to the needs of its clients when doing business in Panama.
- Advising Minera Panama in connection with a US$6.4 billion copper mining project, the biggest private-sector investment in Panama’s history.
- Advising Metro de Panama in connection with EPC contracts for lines one and two of Panama City’s Metro, the most important public infrastructure project under development in the Panama.
- Advising the AES Corporation in connection with a US$630 million run-of-the-river hydroelectric plant, the Changuinola I Project, one of the most important private investments in the country.
- Advising the AES Corporation in the development of an integrated gas to power facility in the Telfers Islands. The project consists of a 380MW net combined cycle gas-fired power plant and an onshore LNG import terminal with an 180,000m3 storage tank, and the construction of power evacuation facilities.
- Advising Shanghai Gorgeous Investment Development in relation to the port of Isla Margarita, located at the Atlantic entrance to the Panama Canal and expected to have an annual capacity of 3 million TEU.
- Advising TY Lin International Panama, project manager for the planned fourth bridge over the Panama Canal, in consulting work at the Ministry of Public Works; this involves helping to draft the specifications and prepare the EPC contract.
- Advising Panama Ports Company in connection with the process started by the Panama Canal Authority to grant a concession to build and operate a port at Corozal, on the Pacific entrance to the Canal.
- Advising Mexico’s Grupo CAABSA in connection with the asset purchase acquisition of Soho Mall by a consortium group of Mexican companies (Grupo CAABSA and Grupo Citelis). Our client is the operator of one of Mexico’s main shopping centres, while Grupo Citelis is an international theatre operator and owner of the renowned Cinepolis brand.
- Advising Minera Cerro Quema (a former wholly owned subsidiary of Pershimco Resources) on its mining concessions in Panama and, among others, regulatory matters, permits, environmental law issues on land and surface rights, and corporate matters related to Panamanian law.
- Advising Thesan, Solairedirect, Electron Investment, EMNADESA, Desarrollos Hidroelectricos and Hidroelectrica Bajos del Totuma in the development and finance of hydro and solar energy projects located in the Republic of Panama.
- Advising clients such as 3M, APL Latin America, APM Terminals, China Tiesiju Group, Hino Motors, Philips, Maersk, Polo Ralph Lauren, POSCO (Daewoo), Sony, Svitzer Americas Terminal Towage, UBER, The AES Corporation and ZTE, among others, in the process of submitting all documents required to obtain a Multinational Headquarters Licence, granted by the Ministry of Commerce and Industry of Panama.
Our attorneys dedicate more than 2,000 hours per year to pro bono-related activities. More than 55 lawyers are involved by helping over 20 NGOs and other groups working on social projects. Of significant impact, we can mention our support in the creation of Panama’s first Central Blood Bank and the first Food Bank. We also focus our efforts in providing support to women in situations of domestic violence.
MMG Tower, 23rd Floor, Avenida Paseo del Mar
Costa del Este, Panama City
Tel: +507 265 7777