JahaeRaymakers is a leading niche firm, specialising in national and international white-collar criminal and regulatory enforcement matters and related issues such as compliance (anti-money laundering, and anti-bribery and corruption); risk and reputation issues; international sanctions; and international asset tracing and recovery. JahaeRaymakers’ lawyers act as trusted advisers for a wide range of public authorities, (listed) companies and their directors, and high-profile private individuals. They have detailed knowledge, a wealth of experience and an excellent international network.
Trust, discretion, quality and determination are paramount in the often sensitive cases handled by JahaeRaymakers. The firm’s aim is to adequately solve all cases. Whenever possible, it looks to take action before problems occur, preferably in the background and out of court. Where necessary the firm does battle in court to achieve the best possible outcome for all its clients.
International asset tracing and recovery
- JahaeRaymakers assists in recovering losses due to fraud that have been transferred abroad, cutting through the complex legal and corporate schemes used to hide those proceeds of crime.
- JahaeRaymakers assists foreign injured parties in international recovery processes on assets located in the Netherlands and coordinates the efforts of Dutch and foreign lawyers involved.
- In such recovery procedures, the firm works with Dutch and foreign law enforcement agencies.
- JahaeRaymakers is instructed by clients and their counsel to provide expert assistance in the field of both private international law and public international law, to help navigate the challenges of international enforcement of civil judgments and the international validity of foreign sovereign acts and decisions.
Contact: Cathalijne van der Plas (firstname.lastname@example.org); Jurjan Geertsma (email@example.com)
White-collar criminal/regulatory enforcement
- JahaeRaymakers assists companies and individuals who are involved in or risk being involved in administrative, regulatory or criminal investigations as targets, suspects, witnesses, experts or victims.
- The firm advises and assists companies and individuals who have fallen victim to criminal and other offences.
- It represents clients in complex high-profile cases.
- If necessary, the firm will litigate, and in so doing brings to bear a wealth of experience of litigating before all judicial authorities in the Netherlands and many abroad, in a wide range of proceedings, including complex criminal and related civil and administrative law proceedings, asset recovery, and preliminary relief proceedings.
Contact: Han Jahae (firstname.lastname@example.org); Dian Brouwer (email@example.com)
Risk and reputation management
- JahaeRaymakers supports and assists corporates and professional service providers in drawing up and assessing rules in the fields of integrity and (anti-money laundering, anti-bribery and corruption, sanctions, and business and human rights) compliance.
- The firm supports clients in integrity and reputational matters to avoid and limit reputational damage and risks.
- The firm helps clients prepare through interrogation trainings and dawn raid instructions.
- The firm represents clients in professional disciplinary proceedings and proceedings before ethical conduct boards.
Contact: Jurjan Geertsma (firstname.lastname@example.org)
European and international proceedings
- JahaeRaymakers joins in the thought processes of companies and officers that operate in an international context, and are confronted abroad with compliance issues or measures taken by local enforcement and investigative authorities. Thanks to an excellent international network lawyers can liaise with defence teams in the jurisdiction(s) involved.
- The firm provides assistance when Dutch enforcement and investigative authorities take measures following foreign requests for legal assistance (eg, extradition requests, European arrest warrants, requests to search businesses or homes).
- JahaeRaymers has unique expertise and capability in litigating cases before the European Court of Human Rights and the European Court of Justice to further the interests of clients in domestic cases.
Contact: Thom Dieben (email@example.com)