Covering Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica
We are the largest law firm in Central America, with more than 200 attorneys; seven offices strategically located in five countries across the region; and a multi-generational team that knows your needs. We provide regional coordination, from a single point of contact, for all your transactions.
Consortium is a full-service firm that focused on advising all kinds of companies wishing to do business in the region. We have specialist departments led by partners in different areas of practice. Recognised as a Central America “law firm of the year” by the most prestigious international legal directories, we are your strategic legal advisers.
MAIN PRACTICE AREAS
Banking and finance: Our banking and finance practice is recognised for its commitment to providing the highest-quality standards and the widest experience in legal advice and consulting, for all types of financial institutions and corporate clients.
Corporate law: Consortium Legal has a skilled team of lawyers specialising in corporate law and international business. We provide counselling to buyers and sellers in regional transactions, combining comprehensive legal and business solutions for our national and international clients’ satisfaction. By coordinating via a single office, our clients obtain unified regional services with the highest-quality standards. We have actively participated in the most complex M&A transactions to have taken place in the region.
Intellectual property: The primary purpose of our experts is to protect the most important values of a company. We are dedicated to advising, protecting, maintaining, monitoring and defending our clients’ intellectual property rights with the following services:
- trademark registration;
- industrial designs;
- health registrations;
- protection of literary works covered by copyright and related rights; and
- domain names.
- Litigation and arbitration: Consortium Legal’s litigation team has the most experienced attorneys in Central America, specialising in handling the most complex trials. It has successfully represented the world’s leading companies on judicial grounds, in lawsuits worth upwards of $1 billion. Certainly, Consortium Legal’s litigation and arbitration team has the most comprehensive group of professionals in the Central American region.
- Real estate: Consortium Legal’s real estate practice is recognised for its advice on complex and sophisticated transactions. It has a strong reputation in purchases, sales and rentals, and residential and corporate real estate developments, including financing structuring.
- Working with the firm’s other practices at local and regional levels (such as banking and finance; environmental; corporate and tax), we provide comprehensive advice for clients, especially in real estate financing, purchase and sale operations, project development, and capital market issues.
Tax law: Consortium specialises in local and international tax advice and has defended significant cases – some of which have even set standards and court precedents. The firm has specialists and consultants within the region who have been responsible for the analysis, preparation and discussion of tax proposals before Congress. Consortium has had a positive impact on the legislation in effect in some of the Central American countries.
INDUSTRIES WE WORK IN
- food and beverages;
- financial services and fintech;
- real estate;
- pharmaceuticals and life sciences;
- mining and metals;
- insurance and insurtech;
- professional services;
- startups; and
- government and public companies.
Escazú +506 2289-0750
San José +506 2257-4472
Tegucigalpa +504 2221-1002
San Pedro Sula +504 2566-0840