NUMBER OF ATTORNEYS:APPROXIMATELY 430
NUMBER OF PARTNERS:134
NUMBER OF OFFICES:8 (TOKYO, OSAKA, NAGOYA, BEIJING, SHANGHAI, SINGAPORE, HO CHI MINH CITY, BANGKOK)
LANGUAGES:JAPANESE, ENGLISH, CHINESE (MANDARIN)
Anderson Mori & Tomotsune is a full-service law firm formed by the merger and consolidation of three leading Japanese law firms: Anderson Mori, which established its reputation as one of the largest and most established international law firms in Japan since its inception in the early 1950s; Tomotsune & Kimura, particularly known for its expertise in international finance transactions; and Bingham Sakai Mimura Aizawa, a premier international insolvency/restructuring and crisis-management firm.
Our combined firm provides an exceptionally powerful value proposition. Housing all of these synergistic practices under one roof, and further increasing the scale of our resources, we are well positioned to: better serve a wide client base; provide even more prompt and accurate advice across a broader spectrum of legal issues; and handle the largest transactions in Japan, including those which are cross-sectoral and extremely complex.
Our combined expertise enables us to deliver advice on virtually all legal issues that may arise from a corporate transaction, including M&A, finance, capital markets, restructuring/insolvency, and litigation/arbitration. The majority of our lawyers are multilingual and experienced with communicating, drafting and negotiating across borders around the globe.
With a long tradition of serving the international business and legal communities, our superior expertise, coupled with our standing as one of the largest law firms in Japan, translates to not only high-quality services but also time and cost efficiencies, which we share with our clients.
Our main office is in Tokyo. We also maintain offices in Osaka, Nagoya, Beijing, Shanghai, Singapore, Ho Chi Minh City and Bangkok; and we operate a Jakarta desk.
We are among the largest and most diversified law firms in Japan offering full corporate services. Our flexible operational structure enables us to provide our corporate clients with effective and time-sensitive solutions to legal issues of any kind. We are pleased to serve Japanese companies as well as foreign companies doing business in Japan. In response to the increasingly complex and varied legal needs of our clients, we have grown significantly, augmenting both the breadth and depth of expertise of our practice. Our principal areas of practice consist of:
- corporate, including corporate and commercial law, corporate governance, crisis management/corporate compliance/anti-corruption and investigations and establishing a business presence in Japan;
- M&A, including venture capital and private equity;
- capital markets;
- finance and financial institutions, including banking, financial regulation, derivatives, asset management and investment funds, structured finance, acquisition finance, project finance/PFI and insurance;
- real estate, including real estate transactions, real estate investment/securitisation, and real estate investment trusts (REITs);
- labour and employment, including employment law and compliance, employment litigation and resolution and business immigration matters;
- intellectual property/life sciences/TMT, including IP infringement litigation/dispute resolution, IP licensing and transactions, patent prosecution, trademark/design prosecution, copyright and entertainment, healthcare, pharmaceutical and life sciences, IT and telecommunications law and regulation and franchise;
- competition/antitrust, including JFTC investigation/proceedings, leniency and litigation, merger control, distribution issues/premiums and representations act/subcontract act/unfair trade practices act, interplay of intellectual property and competition law, competition compliance and international competition practice;
- tax, including tax planning and structuring and tax litigation and dispute resolution;
- energy and natural resources;
- litigation/arbitration/dispute resolution, including commercial litigation, international litigation and arbitration, alternative dispute resolution, IP infringement litigation/dispute resolution, employment litigation and dispute resolution, tax litigation and dispute resolution, financial and securities dispute resolution, franchise litigation and dispute resolution, estate and business succession dispute resolution and other forms of dispute resolution;
- restructuring/bankruptcy and insolvency;
- international trade; and
- international practice, including Asia and emerging countries, China, India, the US, the EU and other jurisdictions.
2-7, Motoakasaka 1-chome
Minato-ku, Tokyo 107-0051
Tel: +81 3 6888 1000