Established in 1991, AMOG is a leading global engineering consultancy in the energy and resources, defence, rail and transport, and maritime construction industries.
Renowned for technical expertise, the specialised nature of AMOG’s work sees our principals frequently engaged to undertake failure or incident investigations; provide expert opinions; and appear in the role of expert witness. We have significant experience in preparing briefs and assisting clients with matters such as legal proceedings; failure investigations; insurance claims; and government and coronial inquiries. We also conduct investigations on behalf of owners and operators to ascertain incident causes, identify rectification measures, and provide independent technical and management review of projects.
AMOG’s industry expertise lies in our cutting-edge analysis techniques, which can provide evidence to support a case. These include:
- project completion, handover and variation claims issues;
- risk, reliability and system safety engineering;
- fire and blast engineering;
- moorings, risers, cables and pipeline systems;
- design verification and audits;
- structural analysis and design;
- naval architecture, hydrodynamics, marine engineering; and
- project planning approvals and regulatory compliance.
Our principal engineers have experience in delivering complex expert opinion reports and advice; court appearances, including providing expert evidence at arbitration, litigation and inquiry hearings; expert conclaves and conferrals with other experts; and the preparation of experts’ joint statements.
Some specific matters that we have been engaged on have included:
- expert reports and expert evidence under international arbitration rules for disputes relating to, for example, substantive incomplete works and defects on a major offshore facility, and completion of a large chemical processing plant;
- expert opinion relating to contract disputes arising from design changes and variation orders for the engineering, procurement and construction of a large LNG terminal;
- expert opinion and expert testimony at the inquiry hearings for the Grayston Bridge collapse in South Africa;
- structural design analysis to support an expert report for a major failure investigation for a large piece of mining equipment; and
- expert opinion on fitness for purpose, and readiness for work, of a semi-submersible mobile offshore drilling unit.
AMOG’s principal engineers bring a range of areas of expertise, qualifications, and experience in legal expert witness work across multiple industries, often led by Dr Paul Sincock and Andrew Thomson.
Andrew Thomson BE, FIEAust FRINA MAICD
Executive director – AMOG Pty Ltd
- More than 35 years of project management and engineering experience covering the maritime, defence and infrastructure sectors.
- Extensive experience providing expert report and testimony on a number of matters, and supervising engineering teams undertaking expert investigations for matters involving complex technical issues.
- Participated in expert conclaves with other experts and provided expert testimony in the Supreme Court of Victoria, as well as the International Court of Arbitration in both Kuala Lumpur and London.
Gary Farrow BSc MSc Eng, FIEAust CPEng RPEQ
Associate director and technical services manager – AMOG Pty Ltd
- More than 20 years’ engineering experience in the marine, offshore, automotive, aerospace and defence industries.
- Broad technical knowledge in the field of structural integrity.
- AMOG’s technical lead in the industry-revered Chain FEARS joint industry project.
- Experience in forensic engineering and analysis of structural failures.
- Conducted numerous legal and expert witness projects and investigations.
Cherie Holland BSc (Mech Eng) MSc (Mech Eng) FIEAust CPEng NER RPEQ MAICD
Executive director – AMOG Pty Ltd
- Particular proficiency in technical aspects of functional and system safety engineering, including hazard identification; environmental and operational risk; use of Codes of Practice and Standards; and qualitative and quantitative risk assessments.
- Acted in the capacity of specialist adviser and consultant for major hazard facilities and explosive ordnance risk management.
Stuart Wales BE (Hons) MRINA
Director – AMOG Ventures Pty Ltd and AMOG Consulting Ltd
Associate director and head of marine engineering group – AMOG Pty Ltd
- More than 20 years’ experience in offshore industry subsea development, deep water installation and R&D.
- AMOG’s project manager for the West Seno mooring project, winner of the 2011 Victorian Engineering Excellence Award for Infrastructure Projects over $20million.
AMOG Pty Ltd (Head Office)
Sea Technology House
19 Business Park Drive
Notting Hill, Victoria
PH: +61 3 9542 3700
AMOG Pty Ltd
Level 3, 28 Kings Park Road
West Perth, Western Australia
PH: +61 8 9212 1800 USA
AMOG Consulting Inc
770 South Post Oak Lane
Houston, Texas 77056
PH: +1 713 255 0020
AMOG Consulting Ltd
Hilltop, Marlpits Lane
Ninfield, East Sussex
PH: +44 020 3289 9542